- Cybersecurity, Privacy and Infrastructure Protection
- Technology and Intellectual Property
- Social Media, Privacy and Internet Law
- Business Disputes
- Securities and Antitrust Litigation
|University ||College of the Holy Cross, B.A., 1975|
|Law School||New York Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 1984 Editor, The New York Law School Law Review|
|Admitted||1984, Connecticut; New York; 1985, U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut; U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York; U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York|
Timothy G. Ronan practices in the areas of complex commercial litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
Tim has represented clients on a wide variety of business issues including disputes arising in connection with the merger, acquisition, sale or purchase of business entities, contract disputes, securities, trade secret and unfair trade practice claims, partnership and shareholder disputes, corporate governance, and employment disputes. He also has extensive experience with matters involving product liability litigation, insurance coverage disputes and contested land use and real estate matters. Tim is chairman of the firm's Technology Committee.
· Prosecuted and defended numerous business claims arising in connection with the merger, acquisition, sale and/or purchase of business entities
· Represented both individuals and business entities in a wide array of matters involving corporate governance, shareholder and partnership disputes
· Prosecuted and successfully resolved the intellectual property and trade secrets claims of a nationally known, Connecticut-based Internet services company
· Prosecuted numerous cybersquatting and cybersmearing claims and has written articles and lectured on this subject
· Successfully defended Connecticut-based software company against the unfair competition litigation commenced by its competitor
· Defended corporations, directors and officers in Connecticut class actions and derivative action securities litigation
American Bar Association
Connecticut Bar Association - Federal Practice Section; Professional Discipline Committee; Alternative Dispute Resolution Commitee
Fairfield County Bar Association
New York State Bar Association - Federal Bar Council
Honors & Awards
Received the highest peer review rating by Martindale-Hubbell (AV)
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
CYBER LAW TRACKER: Recall Total v. Federal Ins. Co. - No Coverage for Data Breach under Commercial General Liability Policy
Timothy G. Ronan, January 29, 2014
On January 14, 2014, the Connecticut Appellate Court issued a decision in Recall Total Information Management, Inc., et al. v Federal Insurance Company, et al., -- Conn. App. ---, 2014 WL 43529 (Conn. App. Ct. Jan 14, 2014), a matter involving a peculiar type of data breach and plaintiffs’...
FBI Prohibited From Issuing National Security Letters
Steven J. Bonafonte,Alex V. Hernandez,Timothy G. Ronan,James T. (Tim) Shearin, April 5, 2013
In a detailed opinion issued just this month, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California struck down an oft-used FBI counterterrorism tool. Under the statute at issue, the FBI has issued tens of thousands of so-called National Security Letters (“NSLs”) to ECSPs -...
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#121 in weekly profile views out of 3,301 lawyers in Stamford, Connecticut|
|#55,930 in weekly profile views out of 1,505,564 total lawyers Overall|