Daniel Kaplan heads the Firm’s Family Law department. Mr. Kaplan provides clients with superior service in sophisticated family law matters at the trial and appellate levels. Mr. Kaplan has distinguished himself by working on difficult cases such as complex contested divorce litigation, marital and premarital settlement agreements and issues of domestic violence, paternity and custody disputes.
Mr. Kaplan is responsible for directing the work of the Firm’s family litigation attorneys and staff and is actively involved in every facet of his client’s case, providing direction on any strategy-related decisions, hearings and trials. Under his leadership, the Firm has been noted for its ability to handle cases in an organized, timely, cost-efficient and effective manner. Clients looking for aid in international custody proceedings and Hague Convention proceedings also look to Mr. Kaplan and his staff for leadership in their cases.
The Family Law department prides itself on keeping clients advised on their options as their cases progress. Clients can be assured that Mr. Kaplan and his associates will be with them through each step of their case, providing them with ongoing support as it develops.
Mr. Kaplan represents clients located in all areas of South Florida.
• Selected to Super Lawyers: 2013 – 2017
• First Family Law, American Inn of Court Chapter 181
• Member of the Family Law section, American Bar Association
• Member of the Family Law section, Florida Bar Association
• Board of Trustee of the Miami Dade Law Library
• Member of the Miami Dade County Community Relations Board
• Director of the North Dade Bar Association, 1994 – 2004
• Director of the Dade County Bar Association, 1995 – 1998
• Vice-Chairman of the Family Court Committee, Miami Dade County Bar Association
• Past Chairman of the Family Court Committee, Miami Dade County Bar association
• Member of the Miami Dade County Bar Association
• Former Chair of the Family Law Section, Dade County Bar Association