- U.S. Attorney, Southern District of Florida (1993-1996);
- Chair, Southern District Conference, Florida Federal Judicial Nominating Commission (April 2009 – 2017)
Kendall Coffey http://www.kendallcoffey.com/ is a founding member of the law firm Coffey Burlington, PL, based in Miami, which handles matters in Florida and throughout the United States. Mr. Coffey’s law practice areas include business disputes and litigation, national as well as international litigation, fraud cases, enforcement of contracts and loan agreements, government disputes and defense of criminal investigations.
A frequent teacher and guest lecturer, he has been Guest Legal Analyst providing legal commentary for international networks: CNN International, Telemundo, Univision, Canadian Broadcasting Company; national networks: CNBC, CNN, CNN Headline News, FOX, MSNBC and NBC; and local television: ABC-10, CBS-4, América TeVe, Telemundo-51, Univision-23, TeleMiami. Currently, he appears as a legal analyst and consultant for NBC, MSNBC and Telemundo. As a teacher, Mr. Coffey is adjunct faculty member for University of Miami School of Law, Florida Constitutional Law (2008 – present), Florida International University (Administrative Law 2011), and Trial Advocacy Program (1991 – 1993).
He is annually recognized as one of Florida Trend’s Legal Elite, Florida “Super Lawyer,” and South Florida Legal Guide’s “Top Lawyers”, recognized by the National Law Journal as one of its Lawyers of the Year for 2000, as Member of Gore Legal Team.
Mr. Coffey is on the Advisory Board of the Russian American Chamber of Commerce and writes a monthly legal column for its newsletter. The topics for his articles have ranged from International Arbitration in South Florida to Executive Action: Immigration Reform, Politics and the U.S. Constitution. He presently serves on the Steering Committee of the Russia Eurasia Committee of the American Bar Association’s International Law Section.
- Spinning the Law: Trying Court Cases in the Court of Public Opinion, http://www.spinningthelaw.com/
- Foreclosures in Florida, LexisNexis (2008), http://www.mortgagelawforum.com/
- Florida Foreclosures: Remedies,
- Prometheus Books (2010)
- Contributing Author: Conozca A Los Estados Unidos, - Chapters on Legal System, Role of Prosecutors and Public Corruption (2009)
- Contributing Author: Real Property III (Chapter on Construction Loan Agreements) The Florida Bar
- Contributing Author: The Troubled Construction Loan (Chapter on Contractors), Wiley & Sons (1991)
Awards and Recognition:
Annually recognized as one of Florida Trend’s Legal Elite, Florida “Super Lawyer,” and South Florida Legal Guide’s “Top Lawyers”, recognized by the National Law Journal as one of its Lawyers of the Year for 2000, as Member of Gore Legal Team.
- American Bar Association - Co-Chair, Task Force on Expert Witness Code of Ethics (2010-2011); Member, Special Committee on Haiti (2010-2011); Immigration Coordinating Committee (2001-2002); Co-Chair, Immigration Law Committee, Section of Litigation (2001-2002); Advisory Committee to the Standing Committee on Elections Law (2010-2011); Special Committee on the Delivery of Legal Services (1991-1993); Chair, Kid’s Voting (Florida), Inc. (1991-1992)
- The Florida Bar - Legislation Committee (1991-1992); Rules of Civil Procedure Committee (1985-1987); Florida Bar Foundation, Director (1995-1996); Legal Assistance to the Poor Committee (1991-1996)- Dade County Bar Association - President (1990-1991); Officer (1985-1990); President, Young Lawyers Section (1984-1985)
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.