Mr. Clancy has been a member of the firm since its inception, and has been a partner since 2012. He focuses exclusively on matrimonial and family law matters, and is a NJ Supreme Court Certified Matrimonial Law Attorney. He is admitted to practice in the State of New Jersey and the U.S. District Court of New Jersey. From 2013 through 2018, Mr. Clancy received the honor of being included in the Super Lawyers Rising Stars list published by Thomson Reuters, relative to being a divorce attorney.
Mr. Clancy also is an approved family law economic mediator pursuant to R. 1:40-12. Mr. Clancy handles all family law, divorce and related matters. Mr. Clancy also has extensive experience in issues surrounding grandparent visitation, high net worth divorces, and same sex marriage. Mr. Clancy volunteers and sits on the Morris County Early Settlement Panel and Blue Ribbon Panel for pending divorce cases in the Superior Court.
Mr. Clancy also has extensive experience appealing family matters, which has resulted in several successful unpublished cases and two published cases known as Elrom v. Elrom 439 N.J. Super. 424, 434 (App. Div. 2015), and Major v. Maguire, 218 N.J. 530 (2015) (Landmark NJ Supreme Court Grandparent Visitation Case).
Mr. Clancy also handled the published matter of B.G. v. L.H., 450 N.J. Super. 438 (Ch. Div. 2017), which involved complex custody jurisdiction issues.
Mr. Clancy is a resident of Morris County and is the Treasurer of the Board of Directors of his Homeowner’s Association.
Professional Associations and Memberships
• New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Section/Young Lawyers Division, Member, 2007 – Present
• Morris County Bar Association, Member, 2008 – Present
• Barry Croland Family Law American Inns of Court , Member, 2008 – Present
Past Employment Positions
• Daggett, Kraemer, Eliades, Kovach & Ursin, Associate Attorney, 2007 – 2008
• Hon. James L. Pfeiffer & Amy O’Connor, Warren County, Superior Court of NJ, Family Division, Judicial Law Clerk, 2006 – 2007
• Supreme Court of NJ, Office of Attorney Ethics, Intern, 2005
• Hon. Mary Eva Colalillo, Camden County Superior Court New Jersey, Civil Division, Judicial Intern, 2004
Pro Bono Activities
• Volunteer Attorney, Legal Services of Northwest Jersey, 2007 – Present• Volunteer Attorney, Jersey Battered Women’s Service, 2008 – Present
You should not send any sensitive or confidential information through this site. Emails sent through this site do not create an attorney-client relationship and may not be treated as privileged or confidential. The lawyer or law firm you are contacting is not required to, and may choose not to, accept you as a client. The Internet is not necessarily secure and emails sent though this site could be intercepted or read by third parties.