The Owens Law Firm was founded by Geo. W. Owens in 1959 as a sole proprietorship. The firm became the partnership of Owens & Goodman. In 1976 the firm name was changed to Eagleton, Eagleton & Owens. The partnership was incorporated under the same name which in 1981 was changed to Owens & McGill, Inc. In August, 1990 the present name was adopted. The firm engages in a general practice emphasizing corporate, business, tax planning, oil & gas, probate, estate planning and guardianships, estate, trust and guardianship litigation, civil trial, health and elder law.