For more than three decades, Larry has represented creditors, trustees, receivers and debtors in significant bankruptcy cases in federal, state and bankruptcy courts. His clients include banks, insurance companies, leasing companies and private parties with investments secured by real property, commercial equipment, accounts receivable and intangible property. An experienced and adept negotiator, he has assisted in restructuring and working out non-performing loans for clients. And, if the loans cannot be restructured, he has conducted hundreds of judicial and non-judicial foreclosures.
Larry has unique expertise in both multi-level marketing and Ponzi schemes having represented court-appointed receivers to recovery significant monies invested through fraudulent schemes. He has been pivotal in several of the largest fraud cases arising in Arizona which included real estate holdings, mortgage servicing, escrow, affinity investing and a multi-level marketing jewelry company.
Winning recovery for investors. Larry and his team represented the court-appointed receiver in the large American National Mortgage case. He converted an Arizona Corporation Commission State Court Receivership into a Chapter 11 Bankruptcy proceeding, integrated the cases using differing jurisdictions, and obtained a confirmed Chapter 11 plan with recovery to the investors.
Helping Ponzi-scheme victims recover millions. Larry was co-counsel in a multi-million-dollar lawsuit against professionals involved in the Baptist Foundation's Ponzi scheme. His work resulted in recovery in excess of $230 million for those who had been victims of this financial debacle.
Get To Know Larry In His Own Words
"I create a relationship of trust and confidence. Clients know I'm there for them and that I have a genuine interest not only in their case but also in them."
"The practice of law is like a chess game. I enjoy analyzing a problem and then attempting to form a solution by anticipating the opposing party's strategy and responding accordingly-but always with reaching our client's goals in mind."
- Represents secured and unsecured creditors and trustees in bankruptcy; creditors in state court proceedings, including foreclosure proceedings and state court receiverships; and debtors in complex Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
- As president and registered lobbyist for the Arizona Trustee's Association from 1988-1990, Larry sought legislative reform in the foreclosure industry.
- As counsel for the borrower in Northern Arizona Properties vs. Pinetop Properties Group, he helped formulate the law which defines deficiency rights after foreclosure.
- Conducted hundreds of foreclosures, both judicial and non-judicial, and numerous forfeiture proceedings.
- Sought and obtained appointment of third-party receivers to take possession and control of the property on behalf of his lending clients.
- Clients include banks, insurance companies, leasing companies, and private individuals secured by real property, commercial equipment, vehicles, accounts receivable, and intangible property.
- Involved in numerous bankruptcies in aggressive pursuit of his clients' collateral and recovery of any unsecured portion of debt.
- Experienced in negotiating workouts to help clients avoid the hardship and expense of bankruptcy.
- Knowledgeable in title insurance and real estate issues.
- Played pivotal role in winning compensation in several of the largest land-fraud cases in Arizona, recovering millions of dollars for investors.
Larry Wilk was named a 2012, 2013 and 2014 Southwest Super Lawyer - Arizona.