Anthony J. Rash is a shareholder and 25-year trial lawyer with Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, P.C. He has tried over 35 cases to verdict, principally in product liability and railroad litigation matters.
Mr. Rash is a senior member of the firm's Product Liability Group, which enjoys a “Best Law Firms” designation by U.S. News and Best Lawyers as a Pittsburgh Metropolitan Tier 1 law firm in the specialty area of Product Liability Litigation - Defendants. He represents national and international industrial, commercial, and consumer product manufacturers in personal injury and commercial litigation, as well as counseling manufacturers and retailers on product warnings, instructions, and commercial terms and conditions.
Mr. Rash also regularly represents Class I and Short Line carriers of freight and passengers by rail in Federal Employers' Liability Act and state tort claim litigation. He is the co-founder and a senior member of the Railroad Law, Litigation and Regulatory Counsel Group.
The breadth of Mr. Rash's practice encompasses representation of governmental agencies in civil rights litigation; defending a vast array of individual, business, and professional clients in insurance defense litigation; and providing legal consultation to non-profit entities.
•Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County
•AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell since 2004
•The Best Lawyers in America: 2013 Lawyer of the Year in Product Liability Litigation - Defendants for Pittsburgh
•The Best Lawyers in America since 2012: Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
•Pennsylvania Super Lawyers 2014-2017
•Appointment as a director of a local government body
• Off the Rails: Effective Investigation and Claims Administration of Train-Related Accidents, Claims Management magazine, Issue 1, Vol. 3, pp. 24-29, Jan. 2014
• The Practice of Law Through the Looking Glass (or Pennsylvania Strict Liability Law in Federal Court), Strict Liability in State & Federal Court, Navigating the Maze of Uncertainty: Restatement (SECOND) or (THIRD), March 2013
• Do You Know Whether Your Business is Facing Product Litigation, TEQ Magazine, May 2004
• Uncivil Procedure: Are you paying for - or creating - 'discovery shenanigans?,' Pennsylvania Law Weekly, 4/8/2002
• The Gardener Did It: An Irreverent Review of Irrelevance in Pennsylvania Product Liability Parlance, 5/14/2001
• Preparing for Product Liability Litigation (Co-Presenter), Pennsylvania CLE, 10/9/2014
• Choosing the Winning Theme and the Order of Witnesses with Sample Openings and Examinations (Co-Presenter), Pennsylvania CLE, 3/28/2014
• Effective Investigation of Train-Related Accidents (Co-Presenter), National CLE for Claims Professionals, 9/11/2013
• An Update on Strict Liability in State and Federal Court (Co-Presenter), Pennsylvania CLE, 3/14/2013
• Presenting and Defending Catastrophic Injury Claims (Co-Presenter), Pennsylvania CLE, 10/20/2011
• Product Law: What You Need to Know When a Claim is Filed Against Your Product (Co-Presenter), Pennsylvania and West Virginia CLE, 11/13/2008
•Dickie McCamey Applauds Its Super Lawyer and Rising Star Selectees (5/22/2017)
•Thirty-Eight Dickie McCamey Lawyers Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America 2017 (8/15/2016)
•Thirty-Eight Dickie McCamey Lawyers Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America 2016 (8/24/2015)
•Thirty-Eight Dickie McCamey Lawyers Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America 2015 (9/15/2014)
•Dickie McCamey Applauds Its 42 Best Lawyers in America 2014 (8/30/2013)
•Dickie McCamey Celebrates Its Best Lawyers 2013 in Pittsburgh, Camp Hill, Carey, Columbus, and Wheeling (9/20/2012)
•Three Attorneys Named ?Best Lawyers in Pittsburgh 2013? by Best Lawyers (9/20/2012)
•Thirty-three Dickie McCamey Lawyers Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America 2012 (12/1/2011)