David Stratton is a senior partner at Davis. His practice in the area of corporate/commercial law emphasizes mergers and acquisitions, complex commercial matters and disputes, and partnership and shareholder relationships and disputes.
Mr. Stratton also practises in the area of pension and benefit trust law, where he acts for, and provides comprehensive advice to, the sponsors, governing bodies and administrators of pension and other forms of benefit plans.
Mr. Stratton has extensive experience in providing strategic advice and opinions to builders and owners, secured lenders and receivers, businesses and individuals, and others in construction matters, secured lending and restructuring matters related to insolvency, corporate restructuring, and general commercial matters.
Directorships, Memberships & Professional Activities
· Appointed Queen's Counsel (1994)
· Member, Law Society of Alberta
· Member, Law Society of the Northwest Territories
· Member, Law Society of Nunavut
· Member, Canadian Bar Association
· Member, Edmonton Bar Association
· Member, Canadian Pension Benefits Conference
· Member, Vice Chair, and Chair, Corporate and Commercial Advisory Committee, Law Society of Alberta, 1993-2012;
Publications & Seminars
· Contributor for Alberta, O'Brien's Encyclopedia of Forms (11th Edition) "Corporations"
· Contributor for Alberta, O'Brien's Encyclopedia of Forms (11th Edition) "Conveyancing and Mortgages"
· Contributing Editor, O'Brien's Encyclopedia of Forms (11th Edition) "General" for "Sale of Goods"
· Lecturer and writer for the Legal Education Society of Alberta, the Canadian Bar Association and similar organizations
Mr. Stratton has been an active volunteer for a number of local, provincial and national charitable, political and church organizations, including being a member of:
· The first board of directors of the Capital Health Authority (the regional health authority for the Edmonton region)
· Edmonton, Alberta and Canadian board of directors of Victorian Order of Nurses
· Board of directors of the Pilgrim's Hospice Society (a charitable organization devoted to palliative care in the Edmonton area)
Benefits & Pensions Bulletin - Issue 1 - The Last Word On Kerry
The Kerry Decision: The Current Law on Plan Expenses and the Use of Plan Surpluses
Your Pension Plan Has a Solvency Deficiency - Now What?
Law Bulletin Supreme Court of Canada's Sureway Decision
Alberta Unlimited Liability Corporations