Butler Snow's practice areas include the full range of business law and litigation services. We offer the depth to represent a broad spectrum of national and regional clients in a variety of legal areas, including:
Appellate and Written Advocacy
Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Healthcare
Tort, Transportation and Insurance Litigation
Labor and Employment
Corporate and Securities
Banking, Real Estate and Financial Services
Government and Environmental
Public Finance and Incentives
Specific Practice Area and Industry Group Details across multiple offices:
5.0/5.0 by a Of Counsel on 05/22/12 in Government Affairs
5.0/5.0 by a Partner on 05/07/12 in Litigation
5.0/5.0 by a Partner on 05/13/12 in Regulatory Agency Practice
5.0/5.0 by a Member on 05/07/12 in Litigation
5.0/5.0 by a Sole Practitioner on 05/30/14 in Products Liability Defense
5.0/5.0 by a Member on 05/15/14 in Civil Litigation
5.0/5.0 by a Partner on 05/19/14 in Corporate Commercial Law
4.8/5.0 by a Managing Partner on 03/26/13 in Business Law
5.0/5.0 by a Partner on 05/30/14 in Commercial Transactions
5.0/5.0 by a Managing Partner on 04/17/14 in Banking Law
5.0/5.0 on 12/05/12
Johnny is very knowledgeable and personable, sometimes a difficult combination to find in an attorney. He is able to provide direct and actionable ans... Read more
Johnny is very knowledgeable and personable, sometimes a difficult combination to find in an attorney. He is able to provide direct and actionable answers to even our most difficult questions. Certainly, we'll continue to use Johnny and Butler Snow for our future needs.
4.8/5.0 on 02/12/11
4.5/5.0 on 10/05/10
4.3/5.0 on 11/19/08
4.0/5.0 on 09/27/10
I have always and continue to receive a very good work product from this firm and have received very positive results. Read more
2.0/5.0 on 02/19/10
At Butler Snow, we embrace people with unique life experiences and backgrounds. Through this environment of diverse cultural experiences, we regularly develop unique solutions for our clients‘ legal issues. In serving our clients, whether in the board room or in the courtroom, our attorneys work together as one team to resolve the myriad of legal situations they face. Through this interaction and the sharing of ideas, we offer clients the benefit of a variety of perspectives.
Our minority and women attorneys are skilled and knowledgeable in their fields and recognized leaders in their communities. Butler Snow's active participation and sponsorship of diverse organizations and events demonstrates our belief in the significance of diversity and underscores our commitment to a diverse team. We promote outreach through professional associations, mentoring, recruiting, sponsorships and networking. We interview at several law schools that have a significant percentage of minority students, including Howard University and participate in interviewing at the Tennessee Bar Association Diversity Job Fair and the Southern Region of the National Black Law Students Association Job Fair. By dedicating ourselves and our firm to diversity, our clients and our firm benefit.
Butler Snow is a proud recipient of the AT&T Legal Department's 2011 Diversity Award for mid-size firms.
· Charles E. Griffin is an Elected Member of the American Law Institute, a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America and is Chairman of the Business Development Subcommittee of the Minority Trial Lawyer Committee (Litigation Section of the American Bar Association). Charles serves as the Diversity Committee Co-Chair.
· Cara R. Baer were elected and served on the board of the Tennessee Intellectual Property Law Association (TIPLA). Cara serves as the Diversity Committee Co-Chair.
Butler Snow dedicates a significant portion of the firm’s sponsorship dollars to events and programs dedicated to furthering diversity in our profession. A few of these recent sponsorships included:
· Mississippi Civil Rights Museum
· Boys and Girls Club Law Camp at Tougaloo through Magnolia Bar Association
· Magnolia Bar Association
· NAACP Annual Gala
· Latino Memphis Leadership Luncheon
· Habitat for Humanity’s Women Build 2014
· Tennessee Alliance for Black Lawyers’ Annual Conference
· Youth Life Learning Center’s Annual Luncheon/Breakfast
· Napier-Looby Bar Foundation’s Annual Event
· American Bar Association 2014 Annual Labor and Employment Section Conference Diversity Luncheon, Los Angeles, CA.
Butler Snow is dedicated to helping promote diversity in the communities in which we work. Examples of those efforts include sponsorship and participation in:
· The National Civil Rights Museum’s Freedom Awards Banquet
· Memphis Benefit Dinner for Facing History and Ourselves
· Habitat for Humanity’s Women Build Blitz in Jackson
· Mississippi Center for Justice’s Champions of Justice
· Minority Business Council
· Women’s Foundation for a Greater Memphis Tribute Luncheon
· Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Parade in Jackson
· 100 Black Men of Middle Tennessee, Inc.
Butler Snow is proud to be a Law Firm Affiliate of the Minority Corporate Counsel Association.